Email your resume to Office@goicu.com with the subject line including what position you are interested in!
ICU was founded on the principles of strong customer loyalty and providing high quality insurance adjusting services. We pride ourselves on our personalized approach to each client’s specific needs and requirements throughout the claims management process; while also providing their policyholders with the same level of excellence in customer service. We want to continue with this tradition by having the opportunity to work with you and those you insure. Building a relationship, as business partners, founded on professional integrity and personalized services.
Remote TPA Claims Examiners
Insurance Claims Unlimited, Inc. (ICU) a leading provider of claim administration services, is currently hiring remote TPA Claim Examiners to service a premier Florida homeowners’ client.
ICU offers a competitive salary, employee benefits package including medical insurance with generous employer contribution for employee and dependents, dental and vision insurance with generous employer contribution, company paid short- and long-term disability insurance, company paid life insurance, 15 days of paid time off (PTO), company sponsored holidays, eligibility in a profit-sharing bonus, and a 401k plan. Interested candidates may email their resume to email@example.com .
Investigates, evaluates, reserves, negotiates, and settles assigned claims in accordance with Best Practices. Provides quality claim handling and superior customer service on assigned claims, while engaging in indemnity and expense management. Promptly manages claims by completing essential functions including contacts, investigation, coverage analysis, damages development, evaluation, reserving, and disposition.
· Conducts timely coverage analysis and communication with insured based on application of policy information, facts or allegations of each claim.
· Investigates each claim through prompt contact with appropriate parties such as policyholders, claimants, agents, and technical experts to determine the extent of liability, damages, and cause of loss. Records necessary statements.
· Identifies resources for specific activities required to properly investigate claims such as Subro, Fire or Fraud investigators and to other experts.
· Verifies the nature and extent of property damage by obtaining and reviewing appropriate records and damages documentation.
· Maintains effective diary management system to ensure that all claims are handled timely. Evaluates liability and damages exposure, and establishes proper indemnity and expense reserves, at required time intervals.
· Utilizes evaluation documentation tools in accordance with department guidelines.
· Responsible for prompt, cost effective, and proper disposition of all claims within delegated authority.
· Negotiate disposition of claims with insured’s and claimants or their legal representatives.
· Recognizes and implements alternate means of resolution.
· Maintains and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
· Attends depositions and mediations and all other legal proceedings, as needed.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains compliance with Claim Department’s Best Practices.
· Provides quality customer service and ensures file quality.
· Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CATs.
· Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
· Participates in special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of first party property claim handling experience preferred. A combination of education and significant directly related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
· 620 Licensure required.
· Demonstrated ability to research, conduct proactive investigations and negotiate successful resolutions.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required.
· Demonstrated customer service focus / superior customer service skills.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to interact on a professional level with internal and external personnel and business partners.
· Results driven with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; meets deadlines, and manages changing priorities effectively.
· Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
As a claims administrator, you’ll play a vital role supporting Insurance Claims Unlimited and our office in Tarpon Springs. In addition to ensuring essential administrative functions run smoothly, you may also interact with adjusters and our carrier clients by phone, email, or in person when applicable. Interested candidates may email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent or higher and one year of administrative or clerical support experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and quickly switch duties
- Proficiency using office equipment
- Communication skills with the ability to work in a team-environment
- Customer service and follow-up skills
- Ability to focus on task projects without affecting daily duties
- Proficiency in Click Claims and Xactanalysis are ideal but not a requirement of the position
- Experience in the insurance industry and preferably claims systems
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Manages multiple assignments to assure productivity goals and deadlines are met.
· Assists adjusters with tracking status of pending claims as needed.
· Assigning of new claims in our claims system as well as uploading pertinent documents to the same system.
· Serves as office receptionist as required, greeting and directing clients and visitors; answers telephone, greets callers, transfers calls, and responds to inquiries; provides information to callers within scope of understanding and responsibility.
· Communicates with remote IT representatives to identify and help resolve technical support issues, including, but not limited to, telephone system and network connections.
· Maintains office files and records and accesses documents on behalf of adjusters, manager(s), and clients as necessary and in accordance with disclosure and confidentiality requirements.
· Effectively handles multiple assignments and special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Stays abreast of office and company policies, procedures, and practices; participates in ongoing training and development as assigned.
· Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with other members of the organization across departments, divisions, and locations.
· Maintains the confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive information, exercising sound judgment and discretion in any disclosure of information related to Insurance Claims Unlimited and its endeavors.
· Adheres to all applicable State Insurance Regulation requirements and other applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00pm (In office/hybrid position)